Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Physiotherapy

Today marks the final physiotherapy session I have at Changi General Hospital, and I would like to use this blogpost to write about the wonderful doctor C, who is my physiotherapist.
Before I found out who my physiotherapist was going to be, I had a gut feeling it would be a caucasian (most of CGH's physiotherapists are caucasians), and I was hoping he or she would be nice. My guess was right, it was a caucasian. But I never expected him to be so wonderful that I can't find I proper way to thank him.
When I walked into his office, I did a little analysis of the man sitting in front of me. He looked really young, with smoky grey eyes and chocolate brown hair. He welcomed me with a dazzling smile on his face as well as his hand outstretched for me to shake. We both did a self introduction, and we moved on with the therapy.
Throughout the session, he was literally the kindest and most patient doctor I have ever met. Whenever I did any of the steps for his exercises wrongly, he would only smile and tell me to try again, and where I have to improve on. And whenever I think I succeeded in meeting his expectations, he would again give his dazzling smile and a thumbs up, saying words like "good job".
I was given 6 months to be under doctor C's care, and I am glad I was assigned to him. Not only does he care for his patients' injuries, he also asks about our daily lives. For example, today he asked me how my preliminary exams were, when my holidays will end, and so on.
I remember once he told me, "I believe that if we work together, you will recover in no time and you can resume all your activites." And I am proud to say that, after 3 months, I am close to full recovery. Thank you for everything, doctor C, from giving me motivation to suggestions on how to improve the condition of my leg. I promise to never forget you and I hope we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment