Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Today 2 friends of mine shared a story with the school.

I found their story really amusing but really awesome, so I thought I might just share it with you guys~
There was this once whereby a Caucasian lady (also known as a white or an angmoh in Singapore) who boarded a plane. Upon boarding it, she found herself seated beside an African-American man. She was utterly disgusted and called for the steward.
Why yes, she WAS disgusted only because she was seated beside what most people call a "black". But no, that's just the start.

The steward attended to the woman and the problem was made known to him clearly and demanded for a change in her seat. Many passengers on board, including the African-American, started to glare at her.
Hmm.

The steward then told her that on that day, the plane happened to be pretty packed and there might not be any more seats available in the economy class. However, he mentioned that he will talk to the plane captain to discuss about the matter.
Sounds slightly ridiculous, eh? But just wait and see... :)

 A short while later, the steward returned to the lady. He said, 'I'm very sorry, miss, but there are no more seats left in the economy class. However, there is a seat left in the first class cabin. This change is really extraordinary, but the captain mentioned that this matter is absolutely ridiculous and cannot be tolerated.' At that very moment, the lady gave a smirk and started showing her proud face around the cabin.
Oh no. Chillax there, reader. There's still the most exciting part ;D

 The steward simply ignored the lady's smirking about. Just as the lady was about to speak something, the steward turned to the African-American man and smiled. He said, 'Now sir, would you please pack your things?'
Awesome isn't it? :) At the end, the man was given a standing ovation by the passengers in that cabin. As for the woman... She can go on to continue getting shamed openly :)
This rather short story was given quite an applause when it ended. But then, exactly how many people are clapping because they truly understand the effects of racial discrimination? I'm not aiming this at anyone, but it's just that there are too many people who are getting ridiculed every day due to their races or country of origin. And when they do, no one actually bothers to stand up to defend them.
What if one day, the person you ridiculed, ridiculed you back?
Take the case of our table tennis players as an example. During the olympics, they brought much glory back to the country. Yet, there are just countless brainless people out there who are discriminating them. Especially the ones who are chinese.
I mean. Yea I do know that Feng Tianwei and co. are from China. They don't know how to sing our national anthem. But so what? I don't think you sing Majulah Singapura every single day. Don't say you do, because you are just lying through your teeth. Stay true to your heart, man..
Plus, if you're Chinese, and you're discriminating them, aren't you just discriminating your own ancestors too.. Orh horh. So technically you just ridiculed your own ancestors. KARMA WILL GET YOU.
Ok but anyway I do sincerely hope that the story taught everyone something special, and that is to live without discriminating another person's race or religion. Hope you guys enjoyed the story :)
TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment