Friday, 11 July 2014

Eighteen Chefs

Today I went to satisfy my stomach with a trip to Eighteen Chefs at NEX with my friend.
It was the first time I was eating there, so needless to say, I was rather confused on how I should get my food. It appeared that I could choose between baked rice or pasta, then add a topping. Both me and my friend ordered the student's meal, which was really worth. It costs only $5.92 (or something along that line), and it has a cup of homemade ice lemon tea, a main course, and a scoop of ice cream.

The place had a very chill atmosphere, and it was somewhat a getaway from the rat race. Today, the whole restaurant celebrated a diner's birthday. We were asked by the staff to sing a birthday song to him together, and a cake was served to him. It was really wonderful.
The only problem that surfaced during our meal was the serving of the ice cream. After our meal, we were chatting for about 10 minutes when we realised we weren't actually done with our meal. I then requested a staff to serve the ice cream, and we waited for about 5 minutes...... And still nothing.
At that time, another staff walked past. He must have noticed that we were missing something, so he asked if our ice creams could be served. We said yes.
Another 5 minutes passed. Nothing.
Just when the 2 of us were contemplating to leave without the ice creams, the same staff passed. He realised something amiss, so he asked if our ice creams were served yet. We said no, and he went back to the counter.
30 seconds later our ice cream was on the table.
So, eighteen chefs, just curious, why did we have to wait this long for 2 cups of ice cream when a staff showed us that it could be scooped and served in about 30 seconds?
This is nothing against the place (since I did actually enjoy the trip there), but I feel that the service could be improved.
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment