Today I was down with NDP preview duty, in which I was tasked to escort the mascot of the 28th SEA Games next year, Nila, around the floating platform. I had a terrible consequence: my ankle hurts VERY BADLY now, but to see the audience happy and Nila's enthusiasm, it made all the pain worthwhile. It was a wonderful session being able to see how the adorable mascot was able to put a smile on the audience's faces, as well as mine and my partner.
The Nila I was paired with today was extremely friendly and playful. While I tried to make my way to the back of Nila to hand out stickers, it took note of my presence and delibrately blocked my way. I played along with the act until Nila realised people wanted to take picture with it and left.
Almost all the people I saw who came into contact with Nila had wide smiles plastered onto their faces. Nila had the greatest patience ever with the public - no matter how tired it was. Under the blazing hot sun, it was really great to see Nila retain its good attitude despite it having a high chance of getting hit with a heatstroke in that thick and heavy costume. Whew.
The only issue we faced was when Nila FELL. It didn't watch its step and fell off a stair that was right in front of the audience. At that moment everyone was panic-stricken, but Nila showed us that there was nothing to worry by catching its balance and turning to the audience to warn them about the danger of the stair. It's sign language went something like "Be careful! There's a stair and I almost fell on my butt! Geez... This is a weird place for a stair!"
Thank you Nila (actually, the person who was inside Nila the whole time). You've made my afternoon wonderful at the sake of your own comfort. I hope you didn't get a heatstroke... And please watch out for steps in the future. Don't trip again. Or you will be at risk of facing the same problem I have now: A sore ankle.
That's all.
Saturday, 2 August 2014
Nila
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment