Friday, 26 June 2015

28th SEA Games, Singapore

(Sorry that this post got so delayed, I've been ridiculously busy with school and I hardly had any time for this post)

This is the first SEA Games in my life that was held on home ground, and I definitely got my best memories here. Why?

1) After waiting for countless years, I finally get to watch SEA Games wushu live at the venue itself. And as if fulfilling such a wish wasn't enough, I was also able to grab a picture with the wushu exponents, as well as an autograph + personal message from Men's Optional Taijiquan gold medallist Tze Yuan. And I owe all this to 1 person who kept his promise of sending me to catch the action.

2) After years of being a YTSA, our efforts have finally gotten some appreciation. From the athletes showing their love for us,
Aww.
to prime minister Lee Hsien Loong posting a photo about us on his facebook (even though he got the name wrong - we are YTSAs, not SEA Games ambassadors).

I'm also relatively surprised even para-swimmer Yip Pin Xiu recognised my friend and I when we saw her in public and approached her for photos.
I definitely can't say that this is the first time any athlete appreciated our efforts, since we have been recognised by other athletes before. Just not as much as this time round.

3) If you haven't noticed this: Singapore had a very high medal haul this time round. The last medal tally we had closest to this value was the 1993 SEA Games which was also held in Singapore. This proves 1 thing: our voice DOES change the game. The athletes need our voices.

4) This SEA Games was held on the year we celebrate SG50.

Aaaaand I cannot think of anything else at the moment. When I do I'll add them in. For now, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment