6 months.
It's been 6 months since I joined Starbucks Singapore as a part time barista, and I have (almost) no regrets.
Tomorrow, it will be my final shift, and I will be off to focus on my studies.
I am proud to say that I am lucky enough to meet these people in my store for my first job. We may have disputes every now and then, but we're like a family.
I am most thankful to my (ex) store manager, which is like half a father to us. I thank him for hiring me, or I wouldn't have possibly got to work with so many wonderful people and gotten a great work experience. I also thank him for caring for all of us so much that he literally forgets about himself (until we start to nag at him).
Next, the assistant store manager, one of my favourite people. I'm grateful for him because he was from the same school as I am in right now, and he took the same elective module which I am taking, and he actually offered to help me out in the module. Apart from that, he's also really crazy, which makes my shifts with him a little more bearable.
Then it's to the shift supervisors, in which I have worked with 4 different people. I am definitely grateful for all of them because they have all taught me many different things, and are the people that I learn quite a fair bit from. (Special mention: SS Yana, who actually tried to make me stay)
After that, I also want to thank the new store manager who recently took over. Thanks for trying really hard to make me stay, even though you've only known me for... a day.
Up next, the partners who taught me how to make drinks, to read cup markings, to grind coffee, made me feel comfortable and MUCH MORE. I would never have loved this job if it weren't for you guys. I am willing to attend each shift because you all are there, teaching me new things, laughing with me, crying with me, and everything. It's only depressing how all of you left one by one.
Lastly, the customers who have faith in me, and give me the respect I hope to get, especially my regulars. I will not forget how you all can remember me and actually laugh with me (and even share some sorrows occasionally), and the smile on your faces when you see me. You all are another reason why I continue working (until I stopped seeing all of you), because as much as I make mistakes, you all are always forgiving and understanding.
And not forgetting the RUDE CUSTOMERS, or people who have like zero confidence in me. I'd also like to thank you all because as much as you caused me a hell lot of trouble and annoyance, you also taught me how to better handle unreasonable people like you guys. So thanks.
I'll be back, I promise. Making coffee and making your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment