Just to share a bit of my trip...
Accommodation: Railway Square YHA
YHA is a really great hostel, though not as good as Beijing's Shichahai (Link: http://sch.bjedu.gov.cn/english/home.htm). So if next time you're going anywhere in Australia, do check out YHA. It's really awesome ^^
Places I visited:
- Sydney Opera House. The design is really cool :D Didn't get to go in though :/
- Darling Harbour. Had lunch at the Macs over there and found out that Aussie's burgers have the meat patties bigger that the bread!! And it's bigger than Singapore's McDonald's burger :O
- Powerhouse Museum. Where we learned about Mars, space, how to operate a Mars rover in a Mars Yard, and that there will be a rover being sent to space in another 5 days or so. That rover's name is Curiosity, so if you're free, you can go google it up :)
- Australian National Maritime Museum (this one was boring). Learned that swimwear in the past was made out of cotton/wool, and because of this, many people drowned. Hmm...
- Sydney Observatory. Where we saw Jupiter, Venus and Mars as stars. Really cool. And because we could sort of remember the star's position, my friend kept pointing them out and kept saying things like 'Oh look it's Jupiter! Hi Jupiter!' Ok, she's slightly nuts.
- Featherdale Wildlife Park. Where I touched a lizard, an owl, koalas and many many kangaroos! Learned that lizards are really cool living things (this excludes those disgusting household pests). And the trainer put a snake (a HUGE one too) around my head! Goodness. @_@
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (or CSIRO for short). Where we had hands on activities in solving a crime. Yes, we had to crack a murder case... An old one though.
- Blue Mountains. Where I hated the Giant Stairway SO much I wanted to jump down all the way to the end of the stairs (which was obviously impossible: The stairs kept winding here and there). Their stairs reminded me of the Great Wall of China's steps, except that this one was worse!! But the rainforest hike was really great, and we got to visit the Katoomba Falls close up. It was really refreshing :) And we went to the 3 Sisters too (the bottom of it)! And their scenic railway felt like a rollercoaster. While I was sitting at the side with NO protection (except for a railing for me to hold on to), I was really afraid that my windbreaker would fly out my my arms and onto the tracks! Good thing it's fine now...
- Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation (ANSTO). Don't worry, I am not carrying radiation back! My radiation level is only 4, which is safe. They are not a nuclear power plant anyway. They use nuclear to create medicines which can save many lives! Oh and they work closely with Peking University... ANSTO was really cool. It was where we found out much more about nuclear, and the different types of radiation. And also learnt that water is a better component compared to lead in blocking out radiation. I should drink more water then :)
- Sydney Aquarium. Saw many many things like dugongs, sharks, and... Yeah you know.
Ok. And from a request from ELEPHANT (you can find her in the Cbox by the sidebar)...
1) My junior
2) Really awesome person
3) Crazy woman that's totally nuts about the elephant I bought her
4) Enjoys feeding the fish in the pond at the top of this blog
Looks like I have nothing much to say... So TTFN.
No comments:
Post a Comment