Ok.. Olympics are over (just ended days ago). And I'm so proud of Team Singapore (I'm supposed to anyway, if not I'm a bad YTSA.)
BUT, obviously there are hypocrites around Singapore, which I can't understand why I can even be more mature than them despite them being older than me. I know I don't sound convincing, but I'm serious. I mean, how can you actually hate an athlete that ended our 48 year wait for a singles medal after Tan Howe Liang's? How can you hate the team of athletes that wrote history for Singapore TWICE with 2 Olympics CONSECUTIVELY?
Yes, they are from China. But then, whichever way you trace back your ancestors' origins, long or short, they all came from China. So by telling me that you're discriminating our best players who brought us SO MUCH GLORY, are you telling me that you detest your ancestors who continued the generation until you are born?
| ... Challenge accepted. Totally. |
Well... If so, maybe you'd like to consider yourself going to a different planet. I promise, you'll live better there. ;)
Ok, lame joke.
But then, I'd like to say here that I'm proud of every single athlete that represented Singapore in the games, regardless of whether they won. My reason is because I know that every single one of them have done and put in their best in the games. And by being able to stand there, in London, representing your own country, it just proves that they are good enough, and they are wonderful. Some of them even broke their very own personal best, which is great. :D
The athletes from Singapore are:
~Feng Tianwei (Table Tennis) (MY FAVOURITE. HAHA)
~Li Jiawei (Table Tennis)
~Wang Yuegu (Table Tennis)
| (Sorry for a photo that's so small. :X) |
~Yang Zi (Table Tennis)
~Gao Ning (Table Tennis)
~Zhan Jian (Table Tennis)
~Lim Heem Wei (Gymnastics) (My second fave :D)
~Jasmine Ser (Shooting)
~Gary Yeo (Athletics, sprinting)
~Dipna Lim Prasad (Athletics, hurdles)
I shall continue with the others in another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment